Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Layout and some thoughts...

First, here is my LO for the first ever challenge on Totally Random, a new scrapbooking challenge blog. Be sure to check it out!credits: SU cardstock, unknown ribbons, Joann Crafts stickers, Love, Elsie rub-on, SU Priceless stamps, Love, Elsie "Lola" epoxy sticker, SU pp, Scenic Route chipboard hearts, unknown buttons, Stampabilities "Alpha Blocks" foam stamps, American Crafts Remarks clear journaling sticker, cinnamon stickles, and finally the heart is "Mr Ellie Pooh Paper" (that's right, its a mixture of "elephant dung and rice paddy." Thanks Kirsten! lol)
The challenge was to do a layout honoring my mom. Well that isn't hard, my mom is a WONDERFUL mother and WONDERFUL grandmother. I am so thankful she chose to be a SAHM and to homeschool me. I was and am so blessed by the example she is of obedience and desire to honor Christ. The journaling on this page is Galatians 6:9. It says "Let us not grow weary in doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." I know there are things we all remember our moms saying all the time and for me this verse is it. She was continually reminding herself that at that time in her life God had called her to the plowing and planting stage. Its a hard and often discouraging time if we take our eyes off of Christ and the ultimate goal of our work. I find myself often reminding myself of the same thing. My mothering is not primarily for my children, my mothering is primarily for the glory of God. Thanks for teaching me that mom!

No comments: