Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Fall Cleaning" Continued

So if you remember this post, and this one you remember that I had a lot more I was working on and I forgot to show you!  Oops.  Anyway, I don't have any before pictures of the kitchen which is really too bad because it was quite a difference for just changing up what was on the counters and taking off the cabinet doors.  Here are the afters though.




Just imagine those cabinets on the right on both sides and lots of clutter on the counters and you'll have a pretty good idea of how the "before" looked!  lol

And a close up of my doorless cabinets (which I LOVE!  Got the idea from here.)






(yes, I know my blue dishes don't match my red and green kitchen...but the dishes are MINE and I love them and the kitchen...it's a rental!  lol ;)

And I also have tackled our bedroom.  This is the before of what I've done so far:




I had to move those bookcases there because we have SOOO many books we couldn't just get rid of them and there was litterally NO WHERE else to put them!  lol.  I think they might be getting a coat of white paint and some distressing come spring.  I love the way they look but I'm not digging so much woodgrain.

And this is after! (oh, and what you don't know is that the bottom four shelves are cram packed with books as full as they could possibly be so that I could make these upper ones more attractive!)




and a shot of the bed too.  I got the pillow idea from her. (I think...)




(it really is just a couple towels rolled up with some white fabric and ribbon pinned around it!  Can't beat that...aside from the fact that my kids want to destroy it and I'm afraid they're going to get poked!)

Ok, I think that's it for me tonight.  I'm off to try and scrap for the first time in I bet a MONTH!!!


sorry the pictures are being weird...blogger is the devil!






5 comments:

beckyjune said...

It looks great! I really need to get to work on my house.

patty said...

you are brave... i'd be afraid of even taking before shots... i can make quite a mess!!
i love the open cabinets {and the blue dishes!}, and i love the bookshelves as headboards-great idea!
thanks for stpping by today!

patty said...

you are brave... i'd be afraid of even taking before shots... i can make quite a mess!!
i love the open cabinets {and the blue dishes!}, and i love the bookshelves as headboards-great idea!
thanks for stpping by today!

Mara Campbell said...

Your house is looking great Gina! I love the look of those open cabinets in your kitchen.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Everything looks fabulous. Once Christmas started tumbling out of the garage my best intentions to organize and clean have fallen to the wayside!