Saturday, February 6, 2010

Creative Outlet

I'm sorry the last post sounded like a *bit* of a downer.  ok, maybe it was a BIG downer. ahem.  Anyway, I've loved working both places but I'm also looking forward to see what the future holds...and I'm throwing myself into creating....for the fun of it!  lol...and I AM having fun...and I'm remembering that before I was a scrapbooker I was a cardmaker.  So I thought I'd share a couple cards I've done.  

 

I used the Basic Grey Origins line for this one, along with some of my "go to" supplies, the Modern Label punch and the "grateful" stamp are both Stampin' Up.  Then just to add a little something I outlined the flower with some glitter and used a contrasting green thread to stitch a boarder around the yellow paper.  The rhinestones are Kaiser.
and I had such fun with this card.  The photos don't do it justice.



I'm totally addicted to my Stampin' Up triple heart punch.  I used pink embossing powder on one of the hearts, and Walnut Distress Powder on the "cherish" and the sentiment on the heart as well.  The papers are from the Pink Paislee Cupid line and for a sweet and slightly whimsical touch I made this a tri-fold card and used the Stampin' Up Eyelet boarder punch on the edge.




a slightly better picture of the glittered heart...I'll have to take some good ones tomorrow when it's not dark!  :)

4 comments:

Jess said...

those are beautiful...wow!! tfs!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous cards Gina!!

Mara Campbell said...

Great cards Gina!!! I really love that 2nd one with the pink paislee. So pretty with those hearts!

VanessaB said...

ahem! isn't you that says she can't make cards? hmph! (liar. hee hee)- these are GORGEOUS!