Saturday, April 17, 2010

Reflections

  We're studying Colossians in sunday school right now.  Rob and my husband Tim are doing a great job taking us into the depths of God's word.  We've only just started Colossians so we're still in chapter one.  Today as I was re-reading it preparing for tomorrow I was struck by verse 11.
"May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might,
 for all endurance and patience with joy,"

As I meditated on this verse, so desiring that God bring it to fruition in me, (that I have all endurance and patience WITH JOY with my children...that's my hearts desire right now) several things jumped out to me and I want to get them down where I can come back and look at them whenever I need to.  

First, and most importantly, I can only have this endurance and patience with joy by Christ's strength and only according to His glorious might.  That's such an awesome encouragement to me because I know that he desires that I have all endurance and patience with joy too...so I know that he WILL strengthen me with all power according to his glorious might.  

Secondly, the first part of the next first was like, well yeah!  It continues to say, "giving thanks to the Father"  I was reminded that of COURSE I will give thanks to the Father for that endurance and patience (with joy! ;) because I know I can never have it on my own.  I know it's for his glory.  The other part about that was that I know it's something I can ALREADY thank him for.  I know that he WILL strengthen me with all endurance and patience with joy because I know that it will bring him glory, so even now, when I don't always have all endurance and patience with joy, I can thank him for it because I know that he is bringing it about in me.  

Thank you Lord!

and because I enjoyed such an amazing time of worship at T4G I thought I'd share this with you too.



                      
I miss singing such FIRM, SOLID doctrine during worship.  It was refreshing.  Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Carol A said...

Love your meditations for the day! Thanks for sharing that wonderful old gospel song! Is there somewhere I can go and download the conferences or worship music from the conference?