Saturday, January 15, 2011

Proof Of Life


Today marked the beginning of an on-line class I'm taking called Proof of Life.  My dear friend Virginia is teaching it (which honestly is the biggest reason I wanted to take it.  She is soooo talented and sooo real!)  

We spent the first day of "class" just getting our albums ready.  The purpose of this little book is to be a "scrapbook" in the truest sense of the word.  To jot down thoughts, quotes, glue in wrappers and doodles, to become a part of my everyday so that by putting all those "snippets" together we might have a more rounded picture of the life we live.  


I've been wanting to try out this flower for a while so I did it on a small scale with burlap for the cover.  I used some turquoise ink to stamp on the burlap first and then swiped some on the edges as well.  


and staples...because they're cool AND functional.  Don't have to worry about those chipboard letters falling off now!

I'm super excited about this class and plan to blog through it as well, so be sure to stop back tomorrow to see what else we're doing with these little pretties!  (and when I say little I mean LITTLE.  The pages I cut for inside are 5.25" x 3.25"!)

3 comments:

Samantha Smith said...

Okay, for reals, I LOVE this. Could you detail how you made it or maybe what you're going to do with it? I know I could stand to learn more about myself too.

Carol A said...

I'm thinkin that with 30 little fingers in your household, those staples are VERY functional!!! LOL! That album is SO you! So grungy! Glad you are back to this type scrappy thing!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love your cover!