Monday, February 17, 2014

Dishes and Art



We're doing a Precept Upon Precept study of James in Bible study and our leader challenged us to memorize the whole book.

Not being one to turn down a good challenge I've been working on it.  Our dishwasher is broken so I find washing dishes to be the perfect time to work on it.  Tonight as I was washing them I decided I really needed to have it written out and hanging above the sink so I could stop turning on my phone with my wet soapy hands all the time.  So I did what any sane person would do... I left these in the dish water... 



Pulled out these...


Sat on the kitchen floor...

And did this.


Zane and Grace joined me and colored pictures too.  


"But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a DOER WHO ACTS, he will be blessed in his doing."  
James 1:25

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That's a great idea! I love the picture too. :) And wow memorizing the entire book of James is a pretty awesome goal, I though we were doing good trying to memorize Philippians2:1-18 ;)

Virginia said...

Love it. Great idea!! And coloring with markers is always the better choice than washing dishes. ;)