Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Finding Free Stuff

Ok, so usually its not quite as easy as just "finding" free scrapping stuff, but if you enter drawings, contest and challenges often enough it can sure feel like it! I think today I'll just give a brief over-view of some of the ways I'm getting free goodies and then over the next few days I'll post more in-depth about them as needed.

Also, I've been seriously considering starting a new blog, kind of in the vein of Ikea Goddess. I would use that blog strictly for posting links to contest/blog candy/etc. so that it would be easy to find a semi-master list of ways to get free stuff. Think there would be enough interest? Would you send your friends if I started one?

Ok, on to business. I think the most obvious way to get free scrapping goodies is by being on a Design Team. If you're part of a DT for a monthy kit club then you're guarunteed to get a whole kit of goodies every month. A good way to find out what sites are having open calls for DTs is to visit Pub Calls. Most sites post their DT contest there.

I've also recently discovered that some sites have what they call PIFs (Pay it Forwards.) These are basically like RAKs but after you "claim" something you have to post something you want to give away. Your Memories by Design has one of these forums. This is a link directly to their PIF thread.

While we're on YMBD, Catherine (the owner) has a great way going on to "earn" free stuff. Everytime you post, or comment or refer someone, or several other things you earn YMBD bucks. If you decide to hop on over there and sign up so you can get in on these fun things make sure you tell them that I refered you...because if you do (and make at least 10 post) we BOTH get 1000 YMBD buck!

Ok, I think that's enough for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more.

3 comments:

Carol A said...

I checked out all the links (except the Pub calls...can't scrap good enough for that!). Are the freebies on IKEAGoddess link digis? She sure puts a lot of work into it with new freebies daily! I prefer freebies that I can hold! Not up to digi scrapping yet. And yes, if you have your own freebie-postin' blog, I'll send all my scrappin' friends to it...when I find some!

Anonymous said...

great idea

Jess said...

ohhh a blog of where to find free goodies etc..if you have the time..please....do it Gina...do it!!!! I will be on it all the time! especially for free scrappin stuff! I think it is such an awesome idea!!!