Friday, January 9, 2009

Fall Fun





So I'm hosting a challenge over on SCS tonight...you should stop by and play along if you've got time!!!!

This is the challenge:

Hey ladies...I know it's cold...and maybe even snowy for a lot of you, but are you ready to think about fall? Fall always seems to bring out an aged beauty in my eyes. Everything in the same...but somehow has a new beauty...different colors and textures...makes me nostalgic. So...we're going to be thinking about fall tonight...we're going to be taking our normal scrapping supplies and giving them an "aged beauty." We're going to be doing what is ONLY my favorite technique EVER! lol We're going to be inking and distressing. Those are the only requirements for tonight. You need to ink and distress at LEAST one piece of patterned paper or cardstock (but the more the better!)

Now some tips...if you don't have an edge distresser you can easily use the edge of your scissors to accomplish the same effect, just be careful because it's easier to tear your paper if you're using scissors. (however if you do...no big deal...because that's the look we're going for!!!!)

As for the inking I often sponge on a lighter color and then use a darker color to just highlight the very edge of my paper.

Oh, and did I mention that there will be prize?!?!

You can check out the thread here.

And here's my example. The circle is a Secret Keeper by Urban Lily. They're GREAT!!!! The pack has a TON of different shapes and styles in it and they're all white so you can paint them, glimmer mist them, or as I did here, cover them with pp.

You can click on the picture if you're interesting in knowing why the title is "timeless."

1 comment:

Heather Lough said...

Yes, you are the distressing queen. Love the challenge and love the layout.