Friday, August 7, 2009

Why I Scrapbook

The new challenge up at Noel Mignon is to do a LO or project telling the WHY behind this obsession...err...hobby...we all have. lol.

I didn't have time to do a new LO but it was very fun to revisit this one I did a while back...and I just have to say...the journaling was spot on!!! It was a very good reminder to me that these really ARE the reasons I scrapbook.



List reads: [So they'll know...]
1.How much the Lord has done for us
2. how much I love them
3. what my hopes and dreams are fro them
4. how to live
5. little things about their childhood
6. what family is
7. how to have fun
8. its ok to be sad
9. to keep creating
10. to do what they love!

Hidden journaling behind the picture reads:
I’m not gonna lie, I LOVE scrapping. I love the papers, I love the chipboard, I love the paint and the sandpaper. I love the feeling of finishing a page and being happy with the results. It’s just plain fun for me. But no matter how much I simply enjoy it, I wouldn’t do it without my family. I scrap because God has commanded me in Acts to “go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you and how he has had mercy on you.” Scrapping allows me to do that in a creative way. In a way that they enjoy looking at now and will treasure all the more as they grow older. It allows me to tell even my great great great grandchildren of the wonders of the Lord! I praise God for making us creative beings and for allowing us to know this joy! Over all of my scrapbooking and creative work, lies the mantra and command, “whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”

No comments: