Saturday, April 24, 2010

Freezer Cooking

So yesterday wasn't really a freezer cooking day per say, but I did have a lot of stuff I wanted to get done and ready for the freezer.  I would also like to note that I laughed in the face of pretty much all of Money Saving Mom's tips for freezer cooking day.  (not because I'm more wise than she, but because I'm a silly silly girl.)  In that, I did a lot of other things first, I started with a dirty kitchen, I didn't really have a plan, and I'm sure a hundred other things!

So, here's what I did get done yesterday:

7 lbs of meat browned
24 hamburgers pattied and seasoned
28 bananas peeled, flash frozen and then bagged and frozen



and here's my cute little banana peeling helper (we use bananas in smoothies every morning so when I find over-ripe ones on a good sale I stock up and just freeze them.)


and today I got some burritos made up and frozen and then the hubby and I had a date night!!!  WoohoO!!!  Thanks to my in-laws for watching the kids and allowing us to go out.  

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love how tough Zeke looks while peeling bananas! :-)

Carol A said...

Sounds like you had a very productive day...even though you broke the rules! At least you followed one rule from Once A Month Cooking...you went out to eat on cooking day!

insertsomethingsmartandwitty said...

oh my gosh he is so cute. Will you guys come cook for me? seriously, I was telling my roommate tonight I've eaten the same 5 meals for the last year. gah. boring