Monday, April 12, 2010

When The Cat's Away...

hmm...I'm not really sure if I'm the cat, or one of the mice...but I'm going to be away for a few days and I'm sooo excited!!!  The hubby and I (and some other people from church as well) are going to Together for the Gospel in Louisville!  Many of our favorite preachers are going to be there and I'm giddy just thinking about how much I'm going to learn and be challenged!  I mean, we're talking BIG names like John Piper, John McArthur, Albert Mohler...eek!!!  (ok, now you KNOW I'm a dork! ;)  So, I'm quite sure we'll be coming back with reading material for at least a year!  lol

Just to give you a little taste here's an excerpt from Piper from T4G '08...

John Piper - Recap from T4G 2008 from Together for the Gospel (T4G) on Vimeo.

AND...this is a kidless trip.  I'm excited and nervous both about that one.

On a scrappy note, I have been scrapping, but it was all for a DT call and I can't post any of it until I find out if I made it or not.  Wish me luck!  This is the first DT I've tried out for since all my other commitments ended...and I thought and prayed long and hard about it before applying...so I'll let ya know how it turned out in a few weeks!  ;)

Ok, I'm off to bed, I'll be back later this week, have a great one!!!

2 comments:

insertsomethingsmartandwitty said...

cool!!! Have a wonderful time. Your kids will do great with all those wonderful relatives you have around :)

Melina said...

Ooooo, this sounds great Gina! We go to National Quartet Convention (try to every year) in Louisville, KY at Freedom Hall. We have a great time with all those Southern Gospel groups :)
Praying you come home re-newed & even more excited for the Lord!