Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello Beautiful

I got excited the other day when I saw this post over on the Lily Bee blog.  I mean, punches and Lily Bee?  It couldn't get much better in my book!  Those are two of my very favorite scrappy things!  

So today, after we studied Monet and the kids made "impressionist" paintings in Classical Conversations I wanted to come home and play with color too!  

I started with my yellow cardstock and used a large paint brush to brush water over it.  Then I cut out some banners with my Silhouette to use as masks.  I used both the positive and negative space and misted with some Passion Red and Midnight Blue Glimmer Mists.  Because my paper was wet though the mists ended up bleeding  a little big and looking a bit softer than they normally do.  That's what I was going for.  ;)  


and of course I had to use punches (because that's what the challenge was...not because I'm totally addicted rather fond of them.)  I pulled out my Stampin' Up Scalloped border punch and made some random strips and layers with it.  


The Hello Sunshine line (which I'm almost out of!) was the perfect compliment to these pictures of Kessa from last summer in my first "Fall Flair" dress.  She loves this Robots dress and still wears it several times a week.   Makes me happy that she likes the clothes I make her!



3 comments:

Kate said...

I wish I had the energy and mindset to scrapbook. I'm so envious of the memories you create. The most I can do is blog and I write Little O letters.

Carol A said...

Love the misting! Love the pictures! Love the dress! Love the LO! Love the kiddo! Love you too! (I'm just all full of love tonight!)

Jenni said...

i love this layout!! thanks for playing along in the challenge with us!! :)