Thursday, February 27, 2014

Three Decades

Yup.  Three Decades...that's how long I've been alive as of today!


 A dear friend that I talk to far less often than I would like called me this morning.  While we were chatting she asked me how it felt to be THIRTY to which I responded...not much different than it felt to be 29 and 364 days yesterday.  ;)  She said she had gotten a bit depressed when she hit thirty and felt like she hasn't really accomplished much with her life (she was being very silly I assure you!  All you have to do is follow her on Instagram to see how many young people she impacts EVERY DAY!)

BUT...her comment got me thinking a bit more.  What exactly HAVE I accomplished?  What do I WANT to have accomplished?  Really....what are my life goals?  And I think I discovered why I was ok with it all.  Because I really just want to be more like Jesus today than I was yesterday... or the day before...or the day before that.  I want my kids to know that I love Jesus and I want them to see that love overflowing into their lives. 

I frequently get down about how I feel like I'm not making any progress in the areas of being more patient and loving.  I'm not very much like the Proverbs 31 woman who
"Opens her mouth with wisdom" 
and who has 
"the teaching of kindness" on her tongue.  


That's not me.  That will NEVER be me unless the Holy Spirit is the only one working.  So....I think I'm ok with being 30 and with what I have "accomplished" because, while it might not look like all that much on the outside, I know on the inside I'm so much more like Christ than I was 15 years ago.  I know my need of him so much more deeply. 

So....here's to another 30 years (Lord willing!  lol) of growing in Him and walking "in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."  
 

(You can follow me on Instagram @BabyFishDesigns)

No comments: