Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hufflepuff!



Hi there!  Thanks for coming back!  Today is July 1st which means it's OFFICIALLY Star Wars month at Crafting Con but I'm still playing catch up from Harry Potter month and doing detailed posts of my outfits.

Today we're up to my youngest daughter and she's in Hufflepuff!  I really love the bright yellow mixed with gray and black in her outfit and she's already worn it several times.  That means she likes it and I consider that a WIN!  




I used the Rio Racerback top and dress pattern from Peek a Boo patterns for her top and modified it to have a panel of stretch lace at the top back.  I just LOVE that touch!

Then I reverse stenciled (more freezer paper stencils cut with my Silhouette here!) HUFFLEPUFF on the back of one side.


I put a badger around the side from the back to the front  too.  



The skort (I didn't get any pictures of the attached shorts, but trust me, they're there!  She isn't known for her modesty at this point and I'd rather not have everyone around getting undie shots all the time.  :p ) is the pinwheel view of the Ashley Knit Skort from Funktional Threads.


I also added an "H" to the skirt for Hufflepuff.  All the fonts here are the Harry P font from www.dafont.com



She loved it (and the wand that her sister made her) and kept running around saying, "Presto!  I just made a... (fill in the blank with anything and everything you can think of!  lol)"

Come back tomorrow for our LAST Harry Potter look!!!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love this skirt too. And boy, do we know about shorts going under everything... haha...