Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Comfy and Cozy


If you remember (ya know, here, or here, or here, or here, or here - and those are just the ones I've actually BLOGGED!  There are tons more!) I'm a little fond of patterns from Terra...of Terra's Treasures.

I got to test out another winner of a pattern for her this week!  This one, The Andover Pullover and Jacket,  is fantastic because it can be made is almost any fabric you could wish!  Woven?  Check.  Knit?  Check.  Flannel?  Check.  Fleece?  Check.  Sweatshirting?  Check.


It's getting cold here so I chose to make Grace's up in fleece (I was working from my stash so the back and hood are a coordinating fleece).  The pattern can be made as a pull over with a lined or unlined hood, or as a fully lined jacket.  


I did the pullover version with the lined hood (I LOVE how she has you attach the lined hood too so all the seams are hidden but it's still super fast!)  Would you believe I actually tried NOT to use Toy Story stuff this time?  I only had enough fleece in purple for it though...and then I didn't have anything that went with the purple that Grace would like EXCEPT Toy Story!  lol.  Clearly...she didn't mind.  ;)  





This isn't a great shot of the top at all but I think Grace looks adorable in it so you get to see it anyway!  ;)  



The pattern goes from 6-12 months all the way up to a size 16!!! AND Terra's working on a ladies version!  So you can matching your little girly soon! lol.  



The button tab is a great way to add some accent fabric and use up those cute button, plus it helps hold the pleats where they should be and give the top such a great shape and flow to it.


And pockets!  What kid doesn't love pockets?!?!  


And now....I shall share how crazy she was yesterday morning as we tried to get pictures.  This is your reward for making it through the entire post.  You're welcome.  ;)



(cute belly isn't it??!  lol!!!)

I've got a few custom orders to sew up and then I'm DYING to make one for Kessa.  I have the perfect fabric for her and this top looks SOOO cute with skinny jeans and boots!

Ok, now, if you're sold and think you need the pattern to you can get it here - (it's on sale through Wednesday!)