Saturday, March 13, 2010

Handmade Love

I can still do it!!!  Scrap that is.  It's been a long time, but it has all come back and I created a couple LOs yesterday (one of them I'm going to submit though, so no sharing it till it gets rejected!  ;)

I started with this sketch from Sketch Inspiration - 

and came up with this LO about Zeke's 90 Minute Shirt that he loves oh so much.  I'm really happy with it!


The cardstock is from my stash and the black and yellow grid papers are from My Scrapbook Nook's February kit.  It was full of the Basic Grey Origins line, which seems VERY feminine to me so this page was a bit of a self-challenge to use them for a "boy" page...granted I didn't use any of the girly papers...but still!  lol


  
The "love" rub ons were a bonus that Leah and Pam included in with the February kit and the Thickers were green...but that just didn't work for me so I used my Lemon MM paint to make them match.


Zeke calls this his "star shirt" because there are stars on one of the sleeves.  I used my Stampin' Up Modern Label punch and Small and Large Star Punches on this LO....*sigh*  punches are wonderful!  hehe!

and my favorite part of this LO (and I really like this LO!)

Zeke was "scrapping" with me when I was making this LO and he grabbed an extra star I had punched, colored on it, and then put it right here for me.  So I glued it down and told him Thank You!!!!  Yea for sweet kids that melt my heart!!!

Hope you're having a great weekend!!!  I finally found out what was taking so long for my sewing machine (I took it to be serviced almost two weeks ago!!!)  I should have it back Tuesday.  *fingers crossed*  So much I want to do!

4 comments:

Bekah said...

Love the subtle look of the black stars on the BG. Glad to see you scrapping!

Carol A said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Love this LO! One of my favs! (I think they ALL are!) Love Zeke's star too! Glad to see you scrappin again!

Rebecca Keppel said...

Saw this up on ScrapTiffany's blog, so glad you sent it in :) Love it!

Mara Campbell said...

I love it Gina. Great colors with the black and yellow and I love the stars!!