Monday, March 10, 2014

Redeeming the Time


Now, I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that dirty dishes are part of the fall.  I don't quite have all my theological arguments in place yet but it's something I just feel in my gut, ya know?  If you don't have a working dishwasher I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about!  ;)

Part of the fall or not, they still have to be washed so I try my best to do it with a good attitude and to make a good use of that "down time."  Yesterday as I was washing more dishes I continued working on memorizing James (I've moved into chapter 2!)    No pretty artwork for chapter 2 yet...just being practical and continuing on!  


Once I'd filled my mind with all that it felt like it would remember for the day and still had more dishes to wash I started listening to another Driscoll sermon.  I was thrilled when I found out that he was starting a sermon series on James the same time we started studying it in my Bible study group!  


So what's your favorite way to "redeem the time" and make good use of your mindless tasks that still have to be done?


"Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, 
making the best use of time, 
because the days are evil."
Eph. 5:15-16

A different version says "redeeming the time" and I just love that!  Let's redeem that lost hour today!  ;)

No comments: