Friday, February 22, 2008

More Scrappy Fun!

Ok, so I've been sooo busy it seems like, and I've barely left the house! lol. Anyway, I've been doing pretty good at getting at least one crafty thing done everyday. That's what I'm trying for. Also, I have a new goal, and the last three days I've accomplished it (that's how long I've had this new goal for...three days!) Anyway, I'm trying to make two cards everyday (identical.) One I send to someone, whether is a birthday or a thinking of you or just a SWAK (sending wishes and kindness) and the other one goes into my card stash, which before three days ago was virtually non-existant! This is a big challenge for me because I'm soooo a scrapper before a card-maker. However, its good to send out cards and encourage others in the Lord, so I'm trying to do that. Now...on to the scrappy fun!!!
This page is for Challenge 12 over at Journaling Junkie (www.journalingjunkie.blogspot.com) to use fortune cookies as your inspiration for journaling. These are pictures of DD, her cousin and grandmother. The chipboard I painted with MM purple paint then I swiped the "s" with close to cocoa ink. The "t" and "o" I sanded after I painted and then swiped with the ink. I also highlighted all of them with Stardust stickles. The title says "She loves to (eat play pretend sing wave dance slide run read giggle) Help." The fortune cookie strips say "Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. H.L. Mencken" "We cannot do great things; only small things with great love. Mother Teresa" "Only love lets us see normal things in an extraordinary way." The sketch is from PencilLines. The sketch for this lo is also from PencilLines. I love these pictures of my kidlets! Hope you like the lo. I used corregated cardboard stamped on an ink pad for the journaling strip. The flower was actually terribly ugly. It was a weird tan color with brown spots all over, but since it was on clearance I figured...hey I can do SOMETHING with it! I ended up using MM SeaFoam paint on it and then kind of brushed it with stickles for some sparkle. I'm happy with how it turned out. Journaling above title reads "You are vibrant. You are sweet. You are cuddly. You are strong. You are blessings, you are friends. You are rowdy. You are fun. You are sugar & spice. You are snips & snails. You are sleepless nights and sibling fights. You are (title)" Journaling below picture reads "Kessa and Ezekiel - enjoying some morning tummy time. Feb. 2008

No comments: