Friday, August 1, 2008

Recommend and Endear...

I've talked about it a bit, but I've been reading a page from this book everyday for a while now. I HIGHLY recommend it. Those puritans had an amazing longing and hunger for the Lord that I want to emulate! That said, I was reading a prayer title "Jesus My Glory" and one of the lines really struck me. Hard.
"May I scandalize none by my temper and conduct, but
recommend and endear Christ to all around,"
Wow. I have to say I don't think I often "recommend and endear Christ to all around" me. It really made me step back and think about things that I had done and said that day. It made me think about how family members who don't know Christ see me. I'm very selfish. I'm prideful. I'm short tempered. But for the grace of God I would NEVER be gentle or merciful and as it is I am far to frequently. I thank God for opening my eyes again and again to my sins and for changing me. So now I want you to do the same. Ask Christ to show you how you can better "recommend and endear" Him to those around you. Start at home. Start with those you love most. Show them Christ and His love first in all your speech and actions. If you feel like sharing I'd LOVE to hear how Christ is changing and shaping you right now too! :)

No comments: