Sunday, October 5, 2014

Compass Sweatshirt




I had the pleasure of testing for Michelle from My Little Plumcake again this past week.  I've only made a few of her patterns at this point but I'm always impressed by her attention to detail and her vast knowledge of sewing technicalities.  Don't let that scare you though!  She doesn't assume we know everything she does and she walks you through it all.


Ok, so, first off, my pictures aren't stellar...my husband and my camera aren't always the best of friends.  I really have to get my remote working!  lol, secondly, the pattern has been tweaked a bit since I made this one.  This thing is CRAZY comfy but the one I made is just a bit too big.  It will be perfect to make this size in a thick fabric like sweatshirt fleece for winter (I LOVE my hoodies!!) but if I use a thinner knit again, like this one, I'll size down so it doesn't make me look bigger than I am, amiright?  :p


Anyway, the Compass Sweatshirt has this great hood (that I didn't get any pictures of on!  Oops!) that will keep you extra toasty and the neckline when it's down looks a bit like a cowl neck.  Keeps your neck warm even without the hood!  I love it as a breeze blocker on my neck.  It's also a pretty darn quick sew.


It has two different pocket options, as well as regular cuffs or extended cuffs with thumb holes.  I LOVE me some thumbholes!!!
Have I convinced you yet?  Oh!  I forget to mention that it comes in sizes xxs-xxl!!  That's a pretty darn big size range!  


I have like 3 or 4 orders I have to finish up and then I have BIG plans for a lot more of these for my fall and winter wardrobe!  Oh, and that amazing star fabric on the sleeves and pocket?  My sister-in-law dyed that for me!!!!  How much does she rock?

No comments: