Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Me Hearties!

I have a few pattern designers that I simply adore and never go wrong with.  Judy, from Patterns for Pirates, is one.  

This new Me Hearties pattern (and the matching mama Sweetheart Dress) are a home run!!!!  


This pattern comes in sizes 3 months up to a girls 14!  It has peplum and dress lengths, short, long, and 3/4 length sleeves, options for FOE or regular knit binding and options for the sweetheart bodice (as seen in both of mine) or a regular solid front and back.  


It also has instructions for a full lace overlay (look at some of the tester photos in the pattern listing.  They're beautiful!!!) 

I love that this pattern can be dressed up or down depending on accessories and fabric choices.  



Kessa getting two of these was actually a happy mistake.  I had cut the Jack panel (below) and Kessa really wanted the lace so I cut it for the top and....they did NOT look good together.  Well...They matched but they looked a bit...ahhh...hoochy, shall we say?!?!  hahahah!!!  Totally not appropriate for my nine year old!  

So, I found new fabric and simple ended up making two and I'm so glad I did!  I love both of them.  



And with just regular knits it's totally cute, comfy, and casual!  


(she was freezing and having a rather hard time modeling for me when we took these pictures.  I'm such a mean sewing blogger mom.  :p )

I did modify the circle skirt on this one by cutting two 1/2 circles instead of one solid circle since my Jack fabric is somewhat directional.  This way the large Jack heads aren't upside down.  

Oh, and for those of you without a serger, have no fear!  I made ALL of the zebra top on my regular sewing machine (well, except the hem.  I used my coverstitch for that but that's just because I'm lazy.  You can totally hem on your regular machine!)  


I dropped the ball on getting my blog post up so these patterns aren't still on sale BUT if you want the mama and girl versions you can always buy the bundle and save some money!

Also, there will be a site wide sale code released soon but you need to run over to the main site and sign up for the newsletter because that's where it will be released.  

No comments: